Making your way around Magento’s file structure can be a real pain. This can be very frustrating until you enable a little thing called Template Path Hints. Template Path Hints are little tags which would lie on top of your shop frontend. These little tags enable you to view where exactly the code of a specific element is stored within your file structure.
How to turn on Template Path Hints?
- Open the admin control panel
- Open the system tab and select configuration
- Select Main Website or Name of your website (Not Default Config) from the Current Configuration Scope drop down
- Select Developer on the left sidebar
- Open the Debug drop down
- Set Template Path Hints To Yes
- Click on Save Config to save down your changes